Soal Bahasa Inggris Maritim ETO
Soal Ujian Bahasa Inggris Maritim ETO (ELECTRO TECHNICAL OFFICER)
Choose the right words from among those given to fill in the following sentences:1)A week after the interview, he got a call from the personnel manager saying that he ___________ as an ETO.
2) He __________ English, Dutch and a bit of French.
3)He speaks English __________ .
4)If I __________ you, I would get a better job.
5)The test was __________ difficult, he had problems finishing it on time.
6) Robert is a diligent and hard working employee _______________ he has good career advancement.
7)__________ lots of people on board the vessel.
8)“__________ is she?” “She’s my friend from London”
9)__________ to London on the train yesterday?
A.Did Mary went
B.Did Mary go
10)She __________ she wanted to come.
11)__________ , we won’t have much to talk about.
A.If not he comes
B.Unless he comes
C.Since he comes
12) Which model __________ 25 k.p.h?
13) My laptop is the __________ among others.
14) I come __________ Indonesia.
15) Whose key is that?
A.It’s of John.
16) The last sentence he wrote on his letter was that she sent ………………regards to all his friends and colleagues.
17) We ran _______ petrol and had to walk nearly 3 km to the nearest petrol station.
18) How ______________ to work?
C.do you go
19) I always go to work __________ bus, but today I went __________ foot.
20) It wasn’t very difficult ________ his address. We looked it up in the address book.
21) When you are __________ a job, you must be patient.
22) Neither lunch ____________ dinner was served at the hotel.
23) The doctor carefully examined patients _____________ heads had been injured in an accident.
24) Education in Indonesia is the _____________ of school, government and society.
25) New products _____________ in the electronic exhibition in Jakarta Expo Center a month ago.
26) Susan is smart and diligent and ______________ she is nice to all her classmates.
27) I don’t know why they prefer _______________ in Makassar.
28) Because of the heavy downpour, the party in the park had to be _____________ .
29) _____________ my sister _______________ I saw the Indonesian Model grand final last Saturday, so we did not know who the winner was.
A.Either ….. or
B.Neither …. nor
C.Not only …… but also
30) We _______________ to keep things under control.
A.did our effort
B.made our best
C.did our best
31) _____________ was ringing continuously for hours.
A.In the morning
32) Newspaper _____________ every morning and every evening.
33) The plane __________ landing at the airport in five minutes.
34) A dream about falling __________.
C.very scary is
35) The firemen managed to __________ the fire City Museum.
36) My sister-in-law wants to __________ smoking.
37) I felt quite excited as the plane __________ from Soekarno-Hatta airport.
38) My printer has __________ ink, so I can’t finish printing my homework to night.
A.run out of
39) This exercise is __________ difficult for me.
40)Have you finished your homework __________?
41)Jono is really __________ history, especially Javanese history.
42)These images __________ by an artist named Phil Thomson.
43)If I __________ you, I would wait a while to begin investing.
44)He’ll give you a call as soon as he __________ .
B.is going to arrive
45)He found his watch __________ his papers on the desk.
46)Would you mind __________ me a hand this morning?
47)I think Bandung __________ exciting __________ Jogja.
A.as ..... as
B.as ..... than
C.than ..... as
48)If she __________ he was coming, she would have prepared the guest room.
49)She __________ me she wanted to come.
50)What __________ do at work?
B.have you to
C. you have to